October 12, 2007

Reaper

I didn't get to watch the pilot for Reaper. For whatever reason, my local affiliate started the show 15 minutes late. There was no sporting event that day or major news interruption. From what I can tell they just lost their watch or something. Starting 15 minutes late meant that the last 15 minutes wasn't on the TiVo when I went to watch it. If I can't watch the whole thing, there's no point in watching it at all, and if I can't watch the first episode, there's no point in watching the second or third.

If they were rerunning the pilot later that week, or if it had been offered on iTunes or something, I would have had a chance to catch it. But, since I didn't, it doesn't matter if it's the greatest show in the history of TV. I'll never be able to watch it. At this point, I'm really hoping it's a bad show and actively wishing for its demise so that I won't feel like I'm missing anything.

So, congratulations KWBA. Your incompetence lost your network one potential viewer of this show.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Addendum: Reaper is offered on iTunes now, but was only added recently. Had it been on iTunes before, I would have gladly paid $1.99 so that I could evaluate it on my own after KWBA screwed it up. But, if I bought the pilot now and liked it, I'd have to buy 5 more episodes before being caught up with what's being broadcast.